Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wandergebiet Trails

Today I was supposed to go to Zurich but I woke up and was still dead tired. So I decided to sleep a little longer and then it was 1:00 pm! So it takes about an hour and a half to get to Zurich. I didn't think that was enough time for me to spend there. Instead I decided to go for a little hike along these trails they have all over the hills here. I packed up a bottle of water, a pear, and my camera. So I started off and passed a street of houses before I saw any signs of the trails. Then I saw what I was in for. A good long walk. Nice.




If you look closely you can see a small white line that goes up the hill and that is what I followed. It didn't look too bad. I told myself I would just take my time, no speed walking here. Just enjoy it. So I did. I kept a steady pace but it wasn't too fast or too slow. It was warmer than the past few days and the sun was really beaming. I should've worn sunblock but I didn't even think to pack any. Next time I'll know. Anyways, I was doing fine until I passed this little brown house and it started to get steeper. Wow, I knew I was out of shape but this was ridiculous! I wasn't even walking fast but I was getting out of breath and it had only been 30 minutes into my walk! I blame the air. I'm not used to such high elevation. That's exactly what it was. I'm sticking to it. So I walk up as high as I could before I found some shade and decided to take a little break and take some pictures.








It was really pretty. But you guys probably think it looks the same as my other pictures. And do you see the biker in the top picture? He could barely ride up the hill. It took forever for him to pass where I was sitting and he kept looking and smiling at me. 1. Probably because he thought I kept taking pictures of him. 2. I am the only Asian kind of anything within a 20 mile radius (I hear there's a Thai restaurant in Zurich).


So I decide to try to keep going as far as I could but about 5 minutes on the path again I saw that I was starting to catch up with the biker and he seemed to be really struggling while I was already panting. So I gave up and started downhill. Hey! I walked for an hour before giving up and going back. I'm pretty proud. So it only took me 30 minutes to get back to my hotel and I plan to do that a few times a week to see how much further I can go. So on the way back I saw these guys and thought they were pretty cute. Let's see how many of my posts involve pictures of animals.



1 comment:

  1. i want to see some panoramic pictures in the next post!!!

    ReplyDelete